Peter's Good News Bite
"Good News from Ephesians" Archive
- 1:1-2 - "GPS"
- 1:3 - Talking Back To God?
- 1:4 - Before the foundation of the world
- 1:5 - Adoption - A Special Kind of Love
- 1:6 - Glorious Mozart
- 1:7 - Do We Have to Talk about Blood?
- 1:8-9 - Intentionally Lavish
- 1:10 - What's the Big Idea?
- 1:11 - An Inheritance with no Downside
- 1:12-13 - Two Seals
- 1:13 - Set Me as a Seal
- 1:14 - The Holy Spirit, God's Down Payment
- 1:15-16 - I'm not sure about this Faith Business
- 1:17 - Prayer for Help after Bombardment
- 1:18 - Heavenly Hope
- 1:18 - Ridiculously Valuable
- 1:19-20 - Immeasurable Resurrection Power
- 1:20 - Did God Raise His Son Twice?
- 1:20 - A Reunion that Includes You
- 1:21 - Jesus' Name: Looking Good!
- 1:22-23 - Heavenly Body
- 1:22-23 - What's Under the Feet?
- 2:1 - Finally Some Bad News?
- 2:2-3 - The Flesh Made Me Do It
- 2:4-5 - A Sheep Sandwich!
- 2:6 - Already Seated
- 2:7 - Why God Will Never Stop Being Kind to Us
- 2:8 - Even This is a Gift
- 2:9 - To Boast or not to Boast?
- 2:10 - A Craftsman's Admiration
- 2:10 - Prepared Worker, Prepared Product
- 2:11-12 - Remember Where You Came From
- 2:13 - Patting the Armrest
- 2:14 - "Hey, You're Here Too?"
- 2:18 - God of Access
- 2:19 - We are not Aliens
There are a couple of "life prayers" in the book of Ephesians that you can pray as often as you like. God will answer them with a hearty "yes!" Here are they, personalized so that you can address them directly to God:
Life prayer # 1 (for spiritual wisdom and insight; 1:17-20): God of my Lord Jesus Christ, Father of glory, give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You. Enlighten the eyes of my heart, that I may know... 1) what is the hope to which You have called me, 2) what are the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and 3) what is the immeasurable greatness of Your power toward us who believe, according to the working of Your great might that You worked in Christ when You raised him from the dead... (you can keep praying from the rest of the text).
Life prayer # 2 (for God's love and power in you, 3:14-21): I bow my knees before You Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of Your glory You would grant me to be strengthened with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith—that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled with all Your fullness!
Closing prayer of worship: Now to You who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to You be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.